Friday 5 July 2013

The Optimist


You tell me I'm no good?
You better be prepared to see what I'm capable of.

You tell me I'm messed up, lost and confused?
The darkest hour is just before a beautiful dawn, pal.

You tell me I'll never rise up to the challenge?
I'm not as pessimistic about it as you are.

You tell me that I'll never amount to much?
I have more faith in myself than you do about me. 
And that's all I'll ever need.

You tell me that the rope I'm walking on is too thin?
All the more reason to do it. 

You tell me that I'm too smug and over-confident?
I think the terms you're looking for are 'bold' and 'spirited'.

You warn me that my limitations will hold me back?
I'm not held back by you, am I?

You tell me...wait, you're running out of words to throw at me?
Well. Now that I've made myself crystal clear,
I guess I'm done talking.

*


No comments:

Post a Comment