Wednesday 3 July 2013

Seeking the Invisible Player

I know I've heard it before. That strange melody that keeps haunting my senses... that tune so awe-inspiring and frightening at the same time, like the shrill howl of a wolf at midnight. That heavenly serenade that enraptures you mind, body and soul- like the cries of a forest bird in a mystical land, or like fairies mourning the departure of a sensuous night. That melodia so much like the wind that sends half-human whispers as it knocks relentlessly at every door, that harmonic strain which seems so familiar and yet so far off, so endearing yet so maddening...

If  I could meet the soul working the lyre that seems to enchant me so much, I would never let her leave the vicinity of my being. Until and unless, ofcourse, she teaches me how to work the chords that make up that beautiful, if melancholic, refrain that elevates the senses... and alleviates all doubt.

Oh, you of incoherent harmonies! Won't you reveal yourself to me and put me out of my misery?






No comments:

Post a Comment