Sunday 21 July 2013

Absentia

Why do you come to me
Like an enigmatic dream
Just to draw back, ever so swiftly,
Like the waves?

Why won't you, just this once,
Stand by my side
On the shores of my memories
And stay?

Why don't you quit residence
In your heavenly abode just for today?
Walk hand-in-hand with me,
Look at the sea shells scattered all around
Take in the earth's spirit, the one
You seem to have forgotten,
And tell me all there is to know
About life and living
About death and dying
About love and loving
About pain and suffering
Please. Don't spare anything.

But departed spirits can never let slip
The secrets of the cosmos
To the mortal tenants of the Earth.
Is that why, every once in a while,
You come to me like a dream,
Just to sojourn briefly like the waves?

















No comments:

Post a Comment