Saturday 7 September 2013

City of Lights

It's a chilly night.
I rub my palms together, draw my jacket tighter over my shoulders and hug myself real tight. I am leaning over the balcony of our apartment in Dubai, and I look as far beyond the horizons of the city as I possibly can, just to let the sights and sounds coalesce into a happy place in my soul...feel the cool breeze tease my hair in a whimsical flight of fancy maybe.

I'm mesmerized by the silver linings of the skyscrapers glowing decadently against the ebony black night, the beautiful city lights that run the course of the horizon in a blurry haze, and the tranquility of the night so in harmony with that which is settling over me presently.

The chilly wind orchestrates the flow of my hair, and from a distance, the wind carries upon its wings distant strains of peace and resilience that lull me into a deep reverie of years long past. Faceless faces and beautiful harmonies keep me company for the remainder of the night.

Outside, the city that never sleeps is showing signs of turning in for the day. I draw my jacket tighter over me, hug myself, and lean over the silver rails to gaze at the city snoring softly under the hazy glare of the city streets.

It's nice to slow down every once in a while.
Pretty therapeutic, actually.



No comments:

Post a Comment